A combination of complex data wrangling, programming skills and VFX artistry has led 422 to become a world leading data visualisation studio. We create visualisations on subjects as wide ranging as bird migration, food production, city growth and commuter movement in NYC. This particular strand of activity started with a BBC series called ‘Britain from Above’ and has continued to develop as a core offering with new projects for Dutch, German and American broadcast. Such is the interest in this particular area of specialisation that we’ve developed a specialist team of operators to cater for our client’s needs.
With the emergence of things like ‘open data’ our clients are able to explore the world as seen by data and reveal the hidden patterns and complexities of our daily lives.
We thrive on discovering new ways of bringing data to life for new audiences.
The lab // Data Visualisation
- CGI and data visualization for new series of The Netherlands from Above Oct 10
- Andrew Neil uses 422 South data animation in IBC Leaders’ Summit session Sep 12
- Traffic data animation at Frankfurt Motor Show Sep 11
- Portrait of The Ghost Drummer Feb 07
- Narrative Visualization: Telling Stories with Data Feb 07